Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
This website is operated by Modern Electronics. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Modern Electronics. Modern Electronics offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
As a user (referred to as "you/your/Customer") of the website you must read and acknowledge below the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”).
By purchasing via the website, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Read carefully before using the online service. If you do not agree (or cannot comply with) any of the Terms and Conditions, do not use the online service.
Term of Use
Use of the website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" as per local Contract Acts are not eligible to use the website.
Except where additional conditions are provided which are specific to products or services, these Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements.
By using the website, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the website, including without limitation:
- Accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access.
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- Attempting to interfere with service to any other user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the website, overloading, and “flooding”, “spamming,“ mail bombing “or crashing".
- Sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activity being conducted on the website. The website will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
We view protection of your privacy as a very important community principle. We understand clearly that you and Your Information is one of our most important assets. We process Your Information on our servers that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. We use third parties to verify and certify our privacy principles.
We do not sell or rent Your Information to any third parties without your explicit consent.
Registration – My Account
Registration includes the information (Your Personal Information) that you need to provide us to deal with us and also to contact you. You agree that we may use (and update) Your Information to manage your Registration and to control your identity during the online checkout process.
The website assumes no liability to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you in protecting your password or account. Any suspicious activities on your account should be notified by contacting us immediately through the various means available (contact us).
As you use the website and communicate with us electronically, you also consent to receive updates from us electronically, by means of emails, newsletter or by posting notices such as disclosures on the website. You agree that any notice that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement, as in writing.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic notices with Your Information for training purposes, to check instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service.
My Shopping Cart
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to limit the quantity of items selected per person, per household or per order on ‘My shopping cart’. Your shopping cart capacity is limited to two (2) pieces per item.
The said limitations may be applicable to orders placed by the same account, the same credit card, and also to orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. The customer will be notified should such limits be applied.
Products Information, Stock and Pricing
While the website strives to provide accurate product information (such as stock availability, pricing, products features, images and specifications) and services information, typographical errors may occur.
The colors of our products that appear on the Website will be displayed as accurately as possible. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
Publishing any form of product/service information (including -but not limited to- marketing proposal, ads, offers, magazines and flyers) on the website does not guarantee stock, offer and price availability online or in store.
Errors may occur in the process of providing product/service and pricing information on the website. The website cannot confirm the pricing and total cost of a product/service until online checkout is completed. In the event that a product/service is listed and invoiced at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product/service information, the website has the right to, either contact you for instructions, or cancel your order and notify you of the cancellation. In the event that we accept and process your order online, the total cost will be debited to your credit card account and you will be notified by email that the payment has been processed.
Stock availability and pricing are subject to change without prior notice.
The website provides the possibility to purchase product(s) and /or service(s) online and to settle payment online or in-store based on shipping, delivery method available in Saudi Arabia. Payment transactions including authorizations and settlements will be in Saudi Riyals.
We accept the following modes of payment:
- For in-store payment transactions: bank credit cards, debit cards, span, or cash.
- For online payment transactions: SADAD payment system, bank credit cards (Visa and MasterCard) only for those cards issued by Banks of Saudi Arabia through internet payment gateway service provider.
- Cash on Delivery: for customers without access to a credit card or SADAD, we accept Cash on Delivery (COD) as an alternative payment method. Using this service, you can select to pay in cash to the delivery agent upon receiving your order. Please note that cash payment orders will be charged an additional service fee per order no matter the number of items your order contains and by purchases value.
- Installment: With installment service you can now shop online and convert your purchases into easy monthly installment plans through partner banks.
For online payment transactions, customer will receive on order acknowledgment once the payment has been authorized. We cannot accept any liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit card supplier for any reason. You should check your bank credit card supplier for that.
We do not store your credit card details on the website. All payment details which are entered through the website payment gateway are encrypted when you enter them. Communications to and from the service provider’s site are encrypted.
We cannot provide any of your payment information obtained via the web to other companies or individuals unless required to by law. This information is processed by our payment merchant.
Credit card details provided by you for benefiting from the online service will be truthful, valid and accurate and you shall use the credit card which is lawfully owned by you. The said information will not be utilized and shared by the online service with any of the third parties unless required for fraud verifications or by law, regulation or court order. The online service will not be liable for any credit card fraud. The liability for use of a card fraudulently will be on you and the responsibility to prove otherwise shall be exclusively on you.
In the event that we are unable to supply the full or portion of the order, we will inform you accordingly. A full or portion refund will be given -through credit card- where you have already been charged for.
Using the online payments facility of the website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use this facility.
Cancellation by Modern Electronics: reserves the right to cancel the order due to any of the following reason:
- Payment rejection.
- Customer delayed for more than 2 hours to settle the payment for his bill reference number by SADAD
- Buying more than 2 pcs of the same item.
- Wrong delivery address given by customer or wrong contact details or due to customer is not reachable.
- Customer no-show or delay for more than 7 days in collecting his “Store Pick-up” orders.
- Wrong delivery address given by customer or wrong contact details or due to customer is not reachable.
- Modern Electronics Stores is committed to providing the best possible customer service to our customers, as such any bulk orders over a quantity of 2 of the same sku or promotion/offer to the same customer or business orders will be cancelled at the discretion of management.
- Modern Electronics will cancel any order if the customer delay more than 48 Hours in collecting his order from store (Pay in store)
- Modern Electronics will charge shipment fees if the customer cancel the order after shipping without any actual reasons.
Cancellation by customer: To process cancelation of an order, please contact us. You can cancel the order due to any of the following reason:
- We are unable to procure / deliver the product/service(s) in a reasonable time; that is (10) working days from the date we confirmed your order.
Returns, Exchange, Refund
In case you are not satisfied with your product(s), or the product(s) is defective, within (7) days from the date you receive your order, you can request a “Return Material Pre-Authorization” to return the product(s) to Modern Electronics.
- Software, video games are non-returnable.
- MECL does not allow return or exchange of products which are damaged as a result of misuse, such as scratches or malfunction due to wrong voltage connection, or missing some parts of the product (such as catalogues, accessories…)
While preparing for a return, product must be in its original packing with full set of accessories and manuals included. We do not accept return of products which have scratches, are damaged as a result of misuse, or malfunction due to wrong voltage connection. At our sole discretion, we may consider returns that do not satisfy the above criteria.
Warranty, Maintenance, Repair
Products sold by us are covered by (2) years manufacturer’s warranty. The minimal manufacturer’s warranty takes effect from the date of purchase. Modern Electronics extended warranty services are available for many categories of products that we sell.
You must check and read owner manual before using the product to make sure it meets all safety, security and electrical local requirements.
Unless specified, electrical products that se well are designed to work on 220-240 Volts. If you do not have appropriate installation to operate at this electrical voltage, we do not recommend you to use the product. Products damaged due to use with wrong electrical sources and / or supplies will not be accepted under manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions.
All products sold by us have received quality control approvals and are deemed to be functional when shipped by us. After (7) days from the date you receive the product, if there is any problem with the purchased product, it is recommended to contact directly manufacturer’s authorized service center in Saudi Arabia to get repair for the product.
You can contact us to obtain manufacturer’s authorized service center locations and contact details.
Pre-orders are guaranteed in terms of customer orders, once payment is confirmed we will guarantee your pre-order device or item however delivery times are based on their release date.
All pre-order customers will receive updates from Modern Electronics if the delivery date changes.
Customers can at any time request for a full refund on any pre-order and their order will be refunded in the standard process and time.
Badel – PRE-OWNED OFFER
Sale – From MEC to Customer:
- All pre-owned products have been tested and are guaranteed to work.
- PS4 consoles are guaranteed for three (3) months.
- If the console is not working immediately after purchase, simply return the unit to the place of purchase within three (3) days for a replacement.
- After three (3) days if the console stops working bring the unit to your local Modern Electronics Service Center for repair.
- For software purchases, if you are not completely satisfied, just return the product to the place of purchase within three (3) days for a replacement or refund.
- All refunds, replacements and in-warranty repairs require the original proof of purchase.
- Product may not include the original box, instruction manual and/or code for playing online.
Purchase – By MEC from Customer:
- Prices paid for purchases are subject to change without notice.
- Software titles must be approved for sale in Saudi Arabia – no banned games.
- Purchased items must be in full working condition.
- Hardware must have all necessary components for MEC to purchase.
- All purchases are subject to manager approval.
- MEC reserves the right to stop taking purchases of any product without notice.
- By selling your product to MEC, you release MEC from any claim relating to the product (including but not limited to loss of a device or its contents) and any music, pictures or other data stored on it. You also release MEC from any claim for loss or unauthorized access, use or disclosure of any personal or private data or information stored on the device.
- All purchases are final.
- No dealers.
- Offer valid in all MEC stores only.
Store Pick up
Store Pick up lets you buy items online and pick them up in a store.
Here is how it works:
- During checkout, choose Store Pickup and select your store. (Preferred store destination) (the closest store branch to you)
- Place your order and wait to receive a "Ready for pick up" email. (This is a different email than the order confirmation.)
- Bring your ID, credit card, and order number to the store (to receive your item).
- Your items will be held at the store for 5 days. If you are unable to collect them within that time, the order will be canceled and you will be refunded.
- or you can either call your local Modern Electronics store, or contact customer service at (920007669) to prevent your order from canceling and extend your store pickup time frame.
Bring to the store:
- A Copy of the National ID card.
- The credit card used for the purchase (if a credit card was used).
- Your order number.
Who can pick up your order
Your order can be picked up by either yourself or someone else. To have your order collected by second party, you must select that option during checkout. You are required to provide the pickup person's Name, Email address and Phone Number. The Alternative person must present their ID card and order number at the store. Only you — or the person you have previously assigned — are allowed to collect the order.
Small item delivery (less than 15kg)
Delivery Charges: Free over 50SR
Cash on Delivery Charges:
Free over 50SR | 25SR cash on delivery charge
Large item delivery
Delivery Charges: Free over 50SR
Store Pickup and our Price Match Guarantee
If your product is available at a lower price in the store at the time you pick it up, your original form of payment will be automatically adjusted to reflect the lower price. Exceptions may apply.
Changing or canceling Store Pick up
To change or cancel a Store Pickup order, contact us at (920007669).
- If you are calling to cancel a Store Pickup order, please have your credit card information ready.
Your items will be held at the store for 5 days. If you are unable to collect it within that time, the order will be canceled and you will be refunded.
A few more things to know:
- There are no extra charges for Store Pick up.
- Products may be larger than expected due to their packaging. Please keep this in mind when considering what vehicle you use to pick up your order.
- Allow extra time when picking up large items like TVs and big items.
Amendment of the Terms and Conditions
Modern Electronics may at any time modify the Terms and Conditions of the Website without any prior notification to you. You can access the latest version of the Terms and Conditions at any given time on our website. In the event the modified Terms and Conditions are not acceptable to you, you should discontinue using the service. However, if you continue to use the service you shall be deemed to have agreed to accept and abide by the modified Terms & Conditions of Use of this site.